External Refurbishment of Marriott Hotel Marble Arch
Working as a main contractor for Marriott International, Inc. Gunite was contracted to refurbish the Marriott Hotel Marble Arch underground car park.
Our scope of works included extensive concrete repairs and cathodic protection to the soffits and the application of Triflex waterproof coatings to the car park deck.
Following the successful completion of works we were subsequently contracted to carry out an extensive external refurbishment of the hotel exterior.
Prior to starting works onsite we undertook a make safe abseil survey and hammer test to establish the full extent of repairs.
Our scope of external refurbishment works on the hotel included:
- Water jetting
- Hammer testing
- Concrete repairs
- Application of an epoxy primer and render coat to eliminate the glazed tiled finish
- Application of mastic to all movement joints and window surrounds
- Application of three coats of Remmers Silicone Paint LA
Access was gained from powered cradles.
Working alongside Remmers, we offered the Marriott Hotel the following tailor made remedial solutions:
- A fixed-price lump-sum quotation for all works, including concrete repairs
- A unique coating system to overlay glazed mosaic tiles
- A 20 year insurance backed guarantee on all concrete repairs and coatings
Consisting of Gunite (Eastern) Ltd and Gunfire Ltd, we at the Gunite group have extensive experience in providing external refurbishment, construction, passive fire protection and Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) solutions over a comprehensive range of market sectors.