Gunite (Eastern) Ltd, in partnership with Hackney Homes, helped to reduce waste to landfill, and carbon emissions, throughout the borough
Gunite (Eastern) Limited provided external refurbishment services to Hackney homes over a seven year period. The partnership successfully maintained and refurbished homes and businesses throughout the borough.
As the principal supply chain member for concrete and brickwork renovation, and a member of the Supply Chain Management Group (SCMG), Gunite (Eastern) Limited played a valuable role in the region including reducing the carbon footprint and helping to reduce defects to damaged buildings, improving employment and skills output along the way.
Providing external refurbishment services, working alongside Lakehouse, Lovell, Mansell Homes and Kier, Gunite Eastern achieved an unprecedented yearly completion rate averaging 38 blocks, with a peak of 23 concurrent blocks, on 250 high-rise and street properties.
Contract values on individual projects ranged from £2,000 to £200,000.
The scope of external refurbishment services included:
- Concrete repairs and protective coatings
- Floor and waterproof coatings to public and private balconies
- Brickwork repairs, re-pointing and sealing, including application of breathable protective coatings
- Facade cleaning, high pressure jet washing and grit blasting
- Render repair and replacement
- Internal repairs
- Anti-graffiti coatings
- Joint sealants
- Chimney repair
- Lintel replacement and repair
All contracts were successfully carried out with residents in occupation.