Fitzwilliam College Cambridge Lantern Roof Refurbishment
Gunite were thrilled to work with Sika to be part of this complex award winning project.
Built in 1963 and designed by famous brutalist architect Sir Denys Lasdun, the lantern roof of Fitzwilliam College Cambridge was in need of a long-term concrete repair and protection solution with effective corrosion control to extend the life of this iconic structure.
Our Scope of Works:
- Clean and prepare all concrete surfaces
- Remove cracked and delaminated concrete
- Remove corrosion from exposed reinforcement
- Reinforcement protection coating – Sika Top Armatec 110
- Prime with Sika Monotop 610 and fill repair with Sika MonoTop – 615
- Corrosion Inhibitor – Sika FerroGard 903+
- Elastomeric anti-carbonation coating Sikagard 550W Elastic
Sika were the winners of the Roofing and Drainage category in the first ever AJ Specification awards after being shortlisted to a final four projects.
A 20 year Sika warranty was provided for concrete repairs and coatings.