High Chelmer Multi-Storey Car Park Refurbishment
Gunite was awarded the £1.6M multi-storey car park refurbishment project by Chelmsford City Council after structural engineers J P Chick & Partners had carried out extensive tests on the reinforced concrete structure.
Tests revealed a significant volume of defective concrete and with the help of Sika, a specification was put forward to treat and encapsulate the concrete surfaces.
The 1,000 space multi-storey car park was repaired from the bottom up to allow the Council to reopen the car park in phases.
Our scope of car park refurbishment works included:
- Asphalt repairs
- Hammer testing
- Hydro-demolition to expose concrete repairs
- Cathodic protection in the form of anodes and MCI
- Concrete repairs to decks, columns, beams and soffits
- Floor planning
- Track blasting
- Waterproof coatings to decks and ramps
- Radflex Joint
- White lining
- Anti-carbonation coatings to columns, beams and soffits
- Mastic works
- Structural strengthening
- Traffic management
All materials were provided by Sika.