Social Housing Refurbishment in Nuneaton and Bedworth
Gunite has completed concrete repair and protection works on seven individually tendered projects.
All properties are four storey maisonettes, occupied with a mixture of tenants and leaseholders.
These projects encompassed more than just concrete repair and were delivered via our in-house highly skilled multi-trade operatives.
The Scope of Works:
- Erection of sheeted scaffolding
- Cleaning, repair and coating of concrete soffits
- Application of corrosion inhibitor
- Balcony waterproofing
- Non-slip waterproof deck coatings
- Repair and decorations of metal handrails
- Repair of access stairways
- Drainage refurbishment
- Replacement fascias, soffits and rainwater goods
The original specification on the first project required the cleaning of the concrete and metal surfaces to be carried out by grit blasting. Grit blasting is a very messy, noisy and disruptive process and wherever possible we try to value engineer the specification away from grit blasting to water jetting. The benefits of water jetting are:
- The end result is to the same standard
- The impact on the residents and the surrounding environment is greatly reduced
- It is a quicker process
- It is significantly cheaper, in rough figures the cost of water jetting is around 25% of the cost of grit blasting with additional savings through reducing the prelims.
The client accepted our value engineering and the preparation works were carried out by water jetting.
All projects have been completed on time and delivered within budget.
Through our resident liaison we established and maintained a good working relationship with the tenants and the local community throughout the projects.
We used KPI’s to measure our service delivery and the results were used to review our performance to achieve continuous improvement and best value.
All works have been carried out to the satisfaction of the residents and the Client. In our experience repeat business is the best business to have as it allows us to establish a good knowledge of our Client and their expectations. Our works within Nuneaton and Bedworth demonstrate that we understand our Client’s requirements and perform to their expectations as we continue to secure additional projects from them.