Structural Repairs in Fulham Road, London
Gunite were appointed by Thomas Sinden to provide, structural strengthening, brick and concrete repairs and roofing works to this 3 storey Victorian building comprising of 2 shops at ground level and residential properties at levels 2 & 3.
Gunite were appointed by Thomas Sinden to provide, structural strengthening, brick repairs, concrete and render to this 3 storey Victorian building comprising of 2 shops at ground level and residential properties at levels 2 & 3.
Typical of the age and building methods of this period the external brickwork was bulging due to poor bonding between inner & outer bricks. The timber roof structure was very poorly fixed to the brickwork and the chimney stacks were in poor condition with displaced brickwork and deteriorated mortar.
Extensive brickwork strengthening and localised rebuilding was required to make these accommodations habitable again.
Our Scope of Works
- Repairs to the wallplates and roof support structure
- Loose bricks removed and re-bedded or replaced
- Brick cornices and Chimney stacks deconstructed and rebuilt to match the existing using lime-based mortar
- Lateral restraints & wall tie installation
- Helifix Repairs – Cemties, Helibeam, Dryfix Ties, Helibars and Bowties
Gunite is a member of the Helifix Approved Installer Network so we can design and offer the best possible Helifix sustainable structural solutions including helical wall ties, fixing and masonry repair solutions.