Window Refurbishment and Concrete Repair of Sea Containers House
Sea Containers House is a prominent river front building situated between the OXO Tower and Blackfriars Bridge along the River Thames.
Gunite was contracted by Byrne Group to undertake extensive window refurbishment works as part of the overall redevelopment of Sea Containers House.
Our initial scope of window refurbishment works included preparation works, concrete repairs, formation of a new structural movement joint and the application of an exterior grade skim to 800 windows.
As a result of our onsite performance and project delivery we were awarded additional works which included:
- 13,000m² of external DOFF cleaning
- Double dip mastic replacement to all external joints (6,000 linear metres)
- Matched external concrete repairs
- Decorations to all 800 window drip details
- Structural strengthening to 2 staircases in the form of mechanical fixing
- Mastic joints to staircases with joints up to 40mm
- Internal levelling
- Concrete repairs to soffits, staircases and landings
- Application of a sprayed applied fairing coat to all exposed concrete nibs
- Dry packing to steel beams
- Render works
Concrete repair materials were provided by Fosroc and mastic materials by ARBO.
Due to the size of the building and extent of works undertaken by Gunite full detailed drawings were provided to form part of the guarantee document.